Sunday, September 16, 2007

Achy-Breaky Heart

This morning we were running a little late to church, so David just dropped Joel and I off near the door while he went to park. I walked in and looked for a place to sit. As I was looking around, I look up and see this man and his daughter standing there. I thought, "Hmmm, he looks kind of familiar." Then I looked over at the teenage girl and realized that it's none other than Hannah Montana herself....aka Miley Cyrus, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. He's hugging our pastor and telling him it's so great to see him. The Cyrus family sat in front of us during the first part of church (we moved after the kids were dismissed, which opened up more seats in the sanctuary). I'm happy to report that they were just a normal family, and David and I both noticed that Miley is definitely a daddy's girl.


Being in L.A., you would think that we would be accustomed to seeing stars, but we're not. We really haven't seen that many, and I especially wasn't prepared to see someone at church...especially at our little church, which is tucked away in a fairly obscure part of the Verdugo mountains. Anyway, just wanted to share our little Hollywood moment....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! At least we know they can be normal people. I guess they'd been there before, if he was hugging the pastor.

It's time for a phone date. When would be a good time for you?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers