Monday, February 21, 2011

Married and Joseph

One afternoon Joel's friend, Zoe, was playing dress-up, in a lovely floral head band and a long flowing veil. I'm not sure how the conversation went down exactly, but somehow Zoe conveyed to Joel that she was getting married. The next thing I knew Joel was running through the kitchen and then headed back out with a blanket in hand. "Whoah, buddy!" I said. "Where are you going with that blanket?" "Momma, I need to be Go-seph." I had no idea where this sudden interest in Joseph came from, but we traded out the blanket for a bathroom hand towel and secured it with a headband. And he was off again!

Soon he was back inside looking for his stick horse. As soon as he found it, he said, "I need my donkey, Momma. This is my donkey." At this point I had to go outside and see what this was all about. For the next 15 minutes. Joel followed Zoe around being Joseph to her "married". I snapped a few pics and Kim got a quick interview with the young couple on her flip camera.

It was one of my all-time favorite kid moments.

Married and Joseph

 Joseph and his trusty donkey

 Being interviewed by the local news....aka Z's momma



1 comment:

Rebecca Lynn said...

I cannot get over Joel's poses in these pictures...I am laughing out loud!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers