Friday, February 11, 2011

Tis the Season 2010...Christmas in California

The boys and I headed back to Texas pretty early in December so we celebrated an early Christmas at our house. Mostly for our own memories, here are a few pictures and a little commentary on our 5th! Christmas in California!

Our pretty tree!
Can I just point out the star on top? 
I got it at P0ttery Barn for next to nothing several years ago in an after-Christmas sale.
It's nothing special to anyone else, but I love it and it makes me smile every year.

Oh yes, back to our Christmas...We ended up opening our presents on Monday evening after David got off work, after David and I both struggled through a stomach bug the weekend we had it planned!
Joel opening his new drums


Silas in action
He kept saying, "Oh boy! Oh boy!" as each gift was opened. Too cute!

Joel loved his remote control car!

And Silas loved his fire truck!

The boys gave me a book and a shirt that Joel picked out.
I'd like to add that I had eyed the shirt at T@rget just a few days before. Good taste, that kid.

The boys picked out a flashlight/lantern for David.

They got swords. David talked me into it. And they love them, of course. We've had to establish some house rules. For instance, you must only sword fight with someone who has also has sword. And you must say, "On guard!" and wait for their reciprocating "On guard!" before your attack. Silas loves to run around yelling "On guard! On guard!" or "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Oh my!

Joel calls his sword a "gword-gighter" (rhymes with sword fighter)

As you can see in this picture, the boys got the long-requested P!llow Pets. In the weeks leading up to Christmas it was all Joel could talk about. At one point I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. He said, "A pillow pet!" No surprise there. "What else do you want?" I asked. "Uhhhhh....a pillow pet for Silas!" And so it was....Joel got a turtle and Silas, a bear.

Toys for the boys

I cooked "breakfast for dinner" which worked well since the boys' favorite meal is breakfast! The menu included omelets, bacon, homemade biscuits, homemade cinnamon rolls and fruit salad.

Our Christmas dinner
The boys loved drinking out of the Christmas cups!


Merry Christmas from the Moore boys!
Notice that Silas is already eating....typical :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Christmas glasses. Where did you find those?

Leah Beth said...

My mom found those for me when David and I were first married, even in our first apartment, I think. If I remember correctly, they came from Steinmart. They are fun!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers